Sunday, August 5, 2012

300 Days (Or My Blogging Goal)

I am a relatively private person and it has been fairly hard to get into the habit of blogging regularly (hence the five month break from the last one), but I really am going to make a genuine effort to make this at least a fortnightly event.

The last 158 days have been life changing so far, and I'm sure that this trend will only continue during the next 300.  The big life changing terrifying amazing wonderful thing that happened to me on June 9, 2012 is that James Everett Newman, the love of my life and the person who inspired me to ride 4,500 miles to raise money for cancer research, proposed marriage to me during an unbelievably romantic picnic dinner in his Houston Heights neighborhood.  We had been dating for 5 years, 5 months, and 24 days and he had just the week before convinced me that he wouldn't be proposing any day soon, so it was a completely wonderful surprise for me.

We'll be getting married as soon after next ride summer as possible.  This means that in the next 300 days I have to train for a 4,500+ mile bike ride AND completely plan a wedding.  The stress has started to get to me, but hopefully a little endorphin releasing exercise will keep that in check.  Here's to the next 300 days!

1 comment: