Thursday, November 8, 2012

205 Days (Training Begins . . . How Awesome Is That!?!)


After last week’s Debbie Downer of a blog post, I thought that I would share the positives in my life this past week.  This past Saturday, the third of November, Texas 4000 had their first team ride.  It wasn’t anything too difficult for anybody, and we even broke into our different skill levels (i.e. who could clip in and who still needed to learn.)  My bicycle computer now has 31 miles logged!  That’s 31 miles closer to our training minimum of 1,500 training miles.  You know what that means?  It means that I will ride closer to 6,000 miles by the time we arrive in Anchorage.  AND we leave for Fayetteville at 6:30 in the morning on November 10 to have a training camp.  We have will ride a minimum of 60 miles this weekend, and will likely ride more like 90.  It’s going to be hard, but we have each other for support, and I draw comfort from this.

No comments:

Post a Comment