Monday, July 15, 2013

Day 45: They Never Said That it Wouldn't be Hard!!

Wow, y'all.  It's day 45 and we just crossed over into Washington.  I'm tired and sore all day every day, but this what I want to be doing this Summer.  I talked with James on the phone last week about how hard this ride is and how I just wish that I could be with him, and he responded beautifully.  He said something along the lines of: "Hilary, I know that this is hard.  I miss you, too.  It's hard being away from each other, but just think about how close this is bringing us.  You're doing this for me, and you're doing it for my dad.  That means something, and I believe in you."  I was on the verge of tears already, and those words opened the floodgates.  I missed him, yeah, but I'm doing this ride for him, and nothing can change that.

No comments:

Post a Comment